barely birds

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Take Two slash...Take One?

Now that my blog is linked to the Kivu Today blog, i was informed that I needed to update my blog from Christmas so...update!

Graduation was last week- crazy! Pictures can be seen on my mom's blog. It seems silly, but I never imagined actually graduating--not that I ever expected to fail out, or leave, I just never thought much about the actuality of leaving college! I suppose that will take a while to truly comprehend the changes that will come from having the diploma, but for now, I am still getting used to the reality that I am no longer a Vanderbilt student.

I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to go to Vanderbilt for the past three years. I had some great, challenging professors (and some not so great professors, more interested in their own research than undergraduate classes), I made some wonderful friends, and I thoroughly enjoyed living in Nashville and all that it had to offer. But more than anything else, Vanderbilt helped me realize that my potential is so much bigger than I have ever imagined it to be. When I pledged Tri Delta at Ole Miss, I never saw myself being involved much at all, much less a senior officer who was an integral part of the chapter. I never, ever, thought I would be a part of student government and have such a tangible opportunity to influence student life at Vanderbilt and be an advocate for my peers to the administration. I realized that I have both a penchant and a passion for administrative duties, and that it is something I want to pursue in a career. I realized that I was capable of so much more than I ever imagined, and that I could truly have an impact on the lives of others, and that my life does impact others--it is my choice to decide whether that impact is positive or negative.

The chancellor gave a powerful charge at the graduation ceremonies-- work hard, and always, always, always be grateful. Having the opportunity to get an education from one of the top 20 schools in the United States is something I will always be grateful for, and I am particularly grateful to my parents and grandparents who provided me with the opportunity to attend whatever school I wanted, no matter the cost. I love you all so much, and am so encouraged and inspired by the way that you live your lives, and pray that I may be able to love and serve others as generously and strongly as all of you have!

I am now working at Camp Kivu running the office, which is so fun! I get my first Office Girls today around 2 (can you tell I'm a little excited?! I can't wait for some help!). Mama, I promise I will take some pictures today so that you can see what Camp looks like!

Okay, time to forward the phones so I can go down to lunch!

NP

3 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

I love it! Thanks for the semi-shout-out! I'm so thankful that you are here! I love you, NP!!!

Tricia Lowenfield said...

Oh Nancy Page thank you. I was totally needing to hear from you. Love it!!!

Ishwari said...

Thanks for sharing NP! I love what you wrote in About Me. It was something I saw in you when you were two and you didn't lose it. You walked around with your arms open wide ready to embrace anyone who would take in the love.
Share your big heart with everyone, and don't look back.
I love you so much and am so proud of you. xoxoxoTia Lynny