barely birds

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

obsessions

I am obsessed with:
getting to know people, making crafts when I’m stressed,being a serial present-giver, watching Oprah and forgetting that I don’t actually know her, watching little kids get excited about silly things, anything or anyone with a connection to Rwanda, swapping Kanakuk stories with people I don’t know, carrying a potential purchase around all of Target then putting it down right before I check out, reading books I never want to end, painting my nails dark colors and loving the hardcore feeling I get,catching myself talking to myself out loud in public,laughing at my own jokes, thinking witty comebacks but never verbalizing them, embracing my awkwardness.


I love to see God’s imprint on anyone I have interaction with. If we’re all created in the image of God, then it only seems logical that his traits show up within all of us, whether we know him or not. The humor, kindness, passion, energy, sensitivity, beauty I see in my best friends and strangers at the corner are all constant reminders of how amazing it is to share characteristics with our Creator.

No comments: